The label comprises a group of experts in indoor air quality who have undertaken to reduce the impact of indoor air pollution on public health.
Our task is to make indoor air more healthy
With the aim of reducing the impact of indoor air pollution on public health, “Indoor Air Controlled” focuses on several objectives:
- Guaranteeing consumers the healthiest products in terms of indoor air quality
- Encouraging industry to develop products with lower emissions and thus lower toxicity
- Raising public awareness of indoor air pollution and the steps to be taken
- Getting the authorities to act on the issue
Complete independence for healthy air
It is essential for a label to be independent of any interest group in order to remain objective. This is why “Indoor Air Controlled” is careful to maintain its independence on all levels:
- Governments and institutions: the label does not receive any institutional funding and is not therefore influenced by any interest group;
- Laboratories: in order not to be both judge and jury, the label works with independent laboratories.
A team with more than 10 years’ experience
“Indoor Air Controlled” experts have been involved for many years in the problems associated with indoor air quality.
In order to ensure lower emissions from products, the experts are certified by the IRES (French institute for economic and social research) and supported by the world’s best laboratories accredited by COFRAC (the French national institution accreditation body which is involved in assessing compliance in France), BELAC (the Belgian body) and ISO (the International Standardization Organisation of 165 pays).
A problem dealt with at source
More and more studies are being published on the issue; yes, the air in our homes is more polluted than the air outside. This is the case even in large cities.
Faced with this problem, too few solutions have been implemented by the authorities and these tackle pollution a posteriori.
This is why “Indoor Air Controlled” decided to tackle the problem at source by enabling consumers to buy products that no longer pollute the air in their homes.